2. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by APA Associated Enterprises Ltd might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
- APA Associated Enterprises Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to APA Associated Enterprises Ltd to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from APA Associated Enterprises Ltd;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a APA Associated Enterprises Ltd website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to APA Associated Enterprises Ltd when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- APA Associated Enterprises Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
3. Storage and retention of your information
- APA Associated Enterprises Ltd will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that APA Associated Enterprises Ltd uses and the security policies which APA Associated Enterprises Ltd has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
- APA Associated Enterprises Ltd may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information in connection with APA Associated Enterprises Ltd ‘s services (in all formats eg post, email, text);
- subject to your consent, sending you information about any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the APA Associated Enterprises Ltd website(s) and other services and developing APA Associated Enterprises Ltd ‘s marketing plans.
- APA Associated Enterprises Ltd may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- if you have given your consent for APA Associated Enterprises Ltd to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by APA Associated Enterprises Ltd to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by APA Associated Enterprises Ltd as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the APA Associated Enterprises Ltd website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure APA Associated Enterprises Ltd ‘s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of APA Associated Enterprises Ltd and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring APA Associated Enterprises Ltd to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an APA Associated Enterprises Ltd website; and
- to any individual making a subject information request to APA Associated Enterprises Ltd.
- In the event that APA Associated Enterprises Ltd (or a relevant part of APA Associated Enterprises Ltd) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant APA Associated Enterprises Ltd business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom APA Associated Enterprises Ltd is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on APA Associated Enterprises Ltd by the third party.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the web browser of your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. The information that is collected is unique to you and only the server that delivered the cookie will be able to retrieve or read its contents.
The benefits of cookies
Cookies are often used to enhance your experience on a website as they can remember information about your visit, such as your personal preferences. For example, cookies are used when you create an account with a website so that information about you can be remembered saving you time on your next visit.
We use traffic log cookies (via Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
All other cookies used on the website are ‘essential’ to allow the website to function properly and therefore will not be disabled.
You can choose to accept cookies by clicking on the button found across the bottom of this website. If you do not want to accept please navigate away from this website, if you choose to continue viewing the website cookies will still be activated. To learn more about how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that by declining cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that APA Associated Enterprises Ltd does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the APA Associated Enterprises Ltd websites, APA Associated Enterprises Ltd may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.