The Air & Space Force of 2040
THE AIR AND SPACE FORCE OF 2040
This year at the inaugural Chief of the Air Staff’s Global Air Chiefs’ Conference the theme will be ‘The Air and Space Force of 2040’. Building on the Air & Space Power Conference of recent years, the Global Air Chiefs’ Conference will open at 0830h on Wednesday 14 July and close at 1730h.
This prestigious global event, which will simultaneously be both live and virtual, will be attended by senior UK Government Ministers, air and space chiefs from around the world, business leaders and professionals from across the spectrum of air and space industry and innovation.
The event will explore the strategic challenges facing the Royal Air Force and Whole Force partners (including Carrier Strike Force) as well as international partners and global allies through a combination of keynote speakers, presentations and diverse panels formed of military, academic, industrial and other scientific and practitioner experts.
Panel sessions over the course of the day will address some key considerations for air and space force chiefs as they navigate how best to structure their domains and shape their capabilities and skills for the future. The panel sessions will cover the following:
- The Air Force of 2040: The future Air Force of 2040: capabilities, compositions, sunsets and sunrises on the 20-year journey.
- Space 2040: The military in Space in 2040: increasing access, commercialisation, congestion, and threat to dependence.
- Sustainability and the future of Air and Space Power: The role of climate change, global attitudes to sustainability and the evolution of how we energise anything is increasingly important, and will hit criticality in many sectors over the next two decades.
At a time of significant change across the geopolitical, societal and technological spectrums, it is vital to harness collective expertise to shape our future forces. The central aim of the 2021 Global Chiefs’ Conference is to stimulate the debate, share ideas and open up on the threats and opportunities in a collegiate fashion on our collective strategic future.
Following the delay in the planned easing of lockdown restrictions, we now only have Virtual tickets available.
VIRTUAL TICKETS – £150 + VAT
• Full access to the conference via the Air & Space Power Association’s virtual platform
• Virtual networking facilities available with opportunities to take part in the live question & answer sessions on the conference days. Catch up facility available.
Discounted ‘Virtual Ticket’ rates available (£50 + VAT) for Foreign military personnel and British Government employees. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position and work email address and we will be in touch within 48 hours with a code to access the discounted rates.
A limited number of British MOD staff and service personnel with a mod.gov.uk email address are entitled to free access. Please email email@example.com from your work account for access details.